Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wheres Summer Gone?


With all the hot weather we were beginning to have and having stumbled across a lovely wee dress on Rav that is perfect for little girls and summer, I went in search of the perfect materials.

So on the 8th I came home with some lovely girly summer print cotton fabric, and after failing to find the perfect 10ply cotton decided to take a risk and double strand some Paton's Panda Bamboo & cotton DK with some Wendy Pearl Luxury Cotton DK - and even they took a lot of searching to find!


Since then, with the odd spare moment I've managed to finish the knitted bodice (mistake free!) and refreshed my sewing skills to complete this: (please excuse the photos but i just couldn't wait to share... and we all know how co-operative 2 yr olds can be)



Both Emma and I just LOVE this dress - I've got plans to get another one on the needles after i finish Dolly's one (70% there :) ) ... and the Rav link for more details

P.S did anyone notice that i missed yesterdays post - this is the reason - i was at the sewing machine

No comments: